Sunday, October 19, 2008

Suburbia sickens me

I seriously need to get out of here. My mom was driving me and my brother back from our dad's, and most of the drive is through country so I usually just look out the window because the view is all fields and trees and clouds and sunsets and old barns. When we got into town, there was this really sudden change from the nice scenery to rows upon rows of townhomes stretching off forever, and it made me nauseous. I actually had to close my eyes because I felt like I was about to puke.

I love country landscapes with squares of fields where you can see the borders of them and lines of trees and falling apart old wooden fences and flocks of Canada geese, and I love cityscapes and the city atmosphere with all the bustling and interesting people hurrying by, giving you glimpses into thousands of lives every day. But I can't stand the suburbs. I can't wait until I can get out and move to the city.

No comments: