Thursday, October 30, 2008

Awesomeness

So last night was the Ottawa regional NaNoWriMo kick-off party, and it rocked. The friend who I was planning to bring missed the bus, so I went alone. I don't think he really would have enjoyed it anyway, it was just a bunch of people talking excitedly about their novels (my idea of fun, not really his). Besides that, the service was pretty bad and the food wasn't exceptionally great (everything I had was good except the chicken fried rice). The couple sitting next to me each ordered an appetizer and a main dish, and the food arrived in the following order with long breaks in between: husband's main dish, wife's main dish, wife's appetizer, husband's appetizer. Mine took a really long time, and the girl on the other side of me didn't even get her food at all.

But somehow, it was still fun. I got some great ideas, there were a couple fun activities, and everyone was so great and weird. It was kick-ass. And apparently, I'm some kind of hero for having been able to win NaNo last year without doing any write-ins and handwriting it. It was just cool all around. And there was a guy there who looked like Fred Flintstone.

No comments: