Monday, October 20, 2008

Oh, the insanity

This morning, my alarm clock woke me up, but I was so tired it was just like "what's going on/why are you making noise/how do I shut this thing off?" so I just swatted at it for a bit before eventually switching it off. Then, 50 minutes later, my mom came into my room to ask me when I was getting up ><. And the best part was, my arm was asleep, so when I tried to prop myself up I just collapsed back down again.



Today in art class my teacher set up a big, complicated still life with a cello and shells and a spine and a skull and twigs and a gourd and shiny, fold-ey cloth. Then he told us to draw it three times, from three different points of view, with three different types of media. We had about 20 minutes to do each sketch. I managed to get the first one *done*, but the second two I didn't even manage to finish a pencil underdrawing. And it was funny whenever he told us to move and start a new one because everyone scrambled to get to a different desk (they were in a circle around the still life) and get different materials. All in all it was pretty frantic.



Other interesting things that happened: I almost choked on a bite of my sandwich at lunch during a minor altercation involving a balloon and a garbage can and when I got asked to put the answer for a homework question (that I hadn't done) on the board, I tried to make it up as I went along, but ended up half answering a different question (but at least I copied the right final answer out of the textbook...).

No comments: