Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I don't get it

Well, I sort of get it. Electing the first black* president in history is a big step for America. What I don't get is why the importance of Barack Obama's race has been blown way out of proportion. I think there are more important ways to show racial tolerance on an everyday basis instead of just putting one shining example on a pedestal and saying "look, we're tolerant".

People should be focussing on the more important aspects of this election, like the voter turnout and what the candidates' platforms actually were. I'm not saying I'm not happy, though. McCain could kick the can any day and Palin's just a scary-ass bitch is what she is.

*If this term offends you, go away. I'm in no way racist, in fact, I find the "n" word highly offensive, but I think political correctness has gone too far. I would slap someone if they called me caucasian. I'm white. Barack Obama isn't "African American", he's black. They're perfectly useable terms that don't take a day and a half to say.

No comments: